To Install MSDTC execute the following command from the elevated command prompt and wait for few minutes
In the event viewer you will be able to see that The Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator Service was successfully installed .
Apart from that you can check from the command line using the below command
C:\Users\Admin>net start MSDTC
The Distributed Transaction Coordinator service is starting.
The Distributed Transaction Coordinator service was started successfully.
To uninstall MSDTC execute the following command from the elevated command prompt and wait for few minutes
To change the SID of the server goto the following path C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep and run the sysprep.exe . you will get the below window
Make sure you check the checkbox Generalize . The process will take few minutes and will automatically reboot . On reboot click next to complete the installation . This process will create a new SID for the Server .
Cluster network name resource ‘Cluster Name’ failed registration of one or more associated DNS name(s) for the following reason: DNS bad key. Ensure that the network adapters associated with dependent IP address resources are configured with at least one accessible DNS server.
You will get the Above error in the event viewer of Failover Cluster Manager , In order to solve the issue go to the properties of Public and Private LAN on all the nodes of the fail-over cluster , click TCI/IPV4 , Properties , Advanced , DNS Tab and uncheck the option
” Register this connections address in DNS ”
DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer X.X.X.X using any of the configured protocols; requested by PID
The above issue occurs when one server is not able to communicate with the other server using hostname or improper DNS settings . I was able to solve the issue by editing the hosts file and adding the below entry
“X.X.X.X HOSTNAME of Other Server”
Where X.X.X.X is the IP address of the other server
a) Minimum three servers required, one will be Active Directory and the other two acting as failover Cluster nodes.
b) Two NICs are required on both the database nodes one for Cluster and other for heartbeat
c) Activate OS license on the Active Directory Server before Active directory is installed as active directory does not allow activating license once it is installed.
d) Apply windows updates on all the three servers. Try keeping the windows updates level same on both the nodes as it can cause some issues while validating the failover cluster
e) 2 LUNS should be assigned on both the Nodes; the LUN with lower size is used as the Quorum Disk automatically by the failover Cluster.
f) Format the LUNs and make it Online only on one Server.
g) Install the failover over Cluster feature from add/remove roles and features on both the nodes
h) Install donet framework 3.5 on both the nodes. Without Dotnet framework 3.5, SQL Installation gives error.
1) Install Active Directory on One Server. Set the Hostname.
2) On the Active Directory Server , In Active Directory Users and Computers , Right Click Computers , New computer, and Create New Computer. View Advanced , Features , Right Click Computers, Security Tab and give administrator create Computer Rights.
3) Rename the NICs on both the database nodes as Public and Private
4) On the two database nodes in Public LAN , For DNS Server , Add the IP of Active Directory Server , Enable NetBIOS Over TCP/IP , In Private LAN Disable “Enable NetBIOS Over TCP/IP”
5) On both the Nodes in hosts file add ” ACTIVE DIRECTORY HOSTNAME IP ADD of AD ”
6) Make both the servers member of domain controllers, reboot both the servers and Active Directory server.
7) ON both the Database Servers Install Failover Cluster Service Role .
8) Login to one DB Server with Administrator user as a member of domain controller , goto failover cluster manager => validate a configuration => Next => Browse => advanced => find now and select DB1 and DB2 => next and run the test with “Run all the tests ( recommended ) option “ .
9) Once the test passes, Click create a cluster, Next , Access Point for Administering the Cluster , and set the Virtual hostname and Virtual IP of OS Cluster and complete the cluster wizard . That’s it you have completed the OS cluster. Now next you need to install the MSSQL cluster.
10) Run the MSSQL 2014 setup on DB1 node and select the option “ New SQL Server Failover Cluster Installation” and complete the setup on one node
11) Run the MSSQL 2014 setup on DB2 Node and select the option “Add node to a SQL Server Failover Cluster” and complete the setup on the second node. That’s it you have completed MSSQL 2014 failover Cluster setup. Happy Learning
Add binding for the PleskControlPanel site 127.0.0.1:8443. Open IIS->PleskControlPanel->Bindings and add: https 8443 127.0.0.1
go to following directory
run the following command
-uadmin -pMYSQL_ADMIN_PASSWORD -V
Unable to access Webadmin tool for MSSQL: Could not load type ‘ASPEnterpriseManager.ConnectionString
Bin folder is missing in the
- Download the
- Repair the mssql-webadmin.msi installation. Run Windows command line as Administrator and launch the command:
msiexec /fvocmus C:\mssql-webadmin.msi /L*V "c:\mssql-webadmin.log"
c:\mssql-webadmin.log if the installation fails.